One of the greatest things about running Lilt Blog, has been the amount of amazing people I have been lucky to meet through blogging. There are so many great people out there posting useful, entertaining and inspirational content through blogs and today is all about sharing that love.
The Liebster Award is an award given by bloggers to bloggers and it is a great way to give exposure to some of the blogs we know you’ll love!
Liebster is German for sweetest, kindest, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, endearing, and welcome, so I am very touched that my good friends Sheena and Thomas from Chasing a Plate have nominated Lilt Blog for a Liebster Award.
They nominated me last month, so I am slightly late to the party, but here I go…. Scroll down below to check out my answers to their questions, and my nominees!
1. What are your 5 essential items when packing for a holiday?
I’ve been lucky enough to get to do a little more travel in the past couple of years and I really think I’m getting better and better at packing. I used to be pretty terrible at it and would completely overpack but I think I’ve finally got it down. My 5 essentials would be …
My phone – One time I left my phone at the security point at the airport and I nearly died! I had to beg the flight attendant to let me run back off the plane to go and get it and luckily made fit back to my seat before take off. My phone is a must during travel. It acts as… well a phone, but really it’s so much more. It’s a camera, a radio, an alarm clock and it has GPS which I am prone to needing.
My travel beauty bag – I know I’m cheating a bit here but if I’m flying I find that my travel beauty bag is a life saver, or at the very least a skin saver. I take water mist, moisturising masks, lip balm, eye drops and nasal spray to keep myself feeling fresh and hydrated on long flights.
Comfortable shoes – When I travel I like to walk around a lot. It is the best way to get to know the place you are visiting and keeps me active as I like to eat (a lot) when I’m on holidays. So comfortable shoes are a must!
A good book – I love reading but find I don’t always make time for it in my day-to-day life (although I try). Holidays are the perfect time to get stuck into a really good book. Wether sitting by the pool, or on a long bus ride to the next destination, it’s a perfect way to learn on the go and take some time out.
An open mind – The beauty of travel is that you are bound to experience lots of new things, so I always try to begin with an open mind. You never know what adventures are around the corner if you keep your eyes and mind open to new experiences!
2. If you could have one superpower or special gift, what would it be and why?
When I was in primary school I totally wanted to have telekinesis like Roald Dahl’s character, Matilda. I could play all kinds of pranks and also not have to get up if I was feeling lazy. That, or definitely flying! Flying would be incredible!
3. If you could only eat one type of cuisine for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Man this is a hard one. I really love all types of cuisines so it is almost impossible for me to choose. But if I absolutely had to it would be a toss-up between Thai, Vietnamese or Italian. I love the fresh and balanced flavours in Thai and Vietnamese cooking but I cannot go past a good old italian meal! Pizza, pasta, salads, stews, cannoli…the lot!
4. Why did you start blogging?
When I started blogging I was in-between jobs and needed a place where I could channel my creativity. I wanted somewhere to document all of the things that I found interesting, and feeling inspired by lots of amazing people around me (both friends and acquaintances) I decided to start Lilt blog to share all things Australian fashion art and design.
5. What are 3 things you cannot live without?
My people (family and friends), music & laughter.
6. What is your top bucket list destination and why?
Definitely Italy. I’ve only ever been there for work and fell totally in love. I would love to go for pleasure one day though. Do a big road trip through the country. Learn to make pasta with nonnas, eat, drink, dance, hire a little bike and travel through the coast.
7. What word makes you cringe?
I’m not really averse to any particular words, but the sound of someone sharpening a knife makes my skin crawl.
8. What is one skill or hobby you’ve always wanted to learn?
I’ve always wanted to learn how to play the guitar. I’ve grown up with music being a very big part of my life and played instruments as a child and teenager, but never quite made the leap to guitar (I dabble in ukulele every now and again). I did recently receive a guitar as a gift and am trying to make some time to learn how to play it. I think it’s such a great instrument, so powerful if you can master it, but even knowing a few chords can help get the creative musical juices flowing, or the kumbaya starting by the campfire
(Just joking no kumbaya will be played if you go camping with me)
9. If you could live one day over again what would it be?
10. Who is your fashion/style icon?
Yasmin Sewell is my absolute fashion icon. She always looks so unbelievably cool, and unique. Her style is really personal and not trend driven at all, but always interesting.
It’s also really refreshing to always see a big smile in her photos, and I love that she is an Aussie making it big in the world of fashion too!
11. What’s your drink of choice?
Water during the day and red wine at night 😉 , plus herbal tea any time.
And now to my nominees
My nominations are…
Andrea at Sublime Finds – Andrea is a passionate shopper, crazy-dog-lady and shoe enthusiast! On her website Sublime Finds you will be inspired by fashion finds and trends to try, beauty reviews and how-to’s, life-hacks, career tips and women who inspire!
Cecylia at Cecylia.com – Cecylia is a Melbourne-based veterinarian, blogger and mother. She has the most incredible style which you should definitely check out on her website Cecylia.com. she writes about all things fashion and lifestyle.
Christine at Beautyholics Anonymous – You may have guessed it from the title but Christine (Tine) is a total beautyholic. On Beautyholics Anonymous you will find great beauty reviews, info on great products to try, and even blogging tips and tricks.
Belinda at Parties, Pearls and Being Precious – Belinda is seriously awesome and blogs about fashion, feminism and lifestyle. She also runs a business women’s network called The Female Entrepreneur Collective. check it out!
Erin at The Goodness Project – I’ve been looking in to healthy recipes and lifestyle inspiration and I am so happy I came across Erin’s site. Here you will find yummy recipes, and a community where like-minded and health conscious souls could go to connect, share, experience and enjoy recipes, ideas, resources, wisdom and stories.
My questions for nominees:
1. What was your dream job growing up?
2. What’s your favourite book or movie of all time?
3. What is the craziest thing you’ve ever done and would you do it again?
4. If you could time travel, would you go to the past or the future? and what would you do?
5. If you could travel anywhere in the world where would it be?
6. If you could eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
7. Tell us about some of the people who inspire you, and why?
8. Who is your fashion/style icon?
9. Toilet paper under or over the roll?
10. What song can you not stop listening to right now?
11. What are you most excited about or looking forward to?
(We used the rules that were provided by Sheena and Thomas at Chasing a Plate)
1. Thank and link to the blogger who nominated you.
2. Create a post on your blog, displaying the Liebster Award logo.
3. Answer the 11 questions assigned by the blogger who nominated you.
4. Provide rules/instructions for accepting the award.
5. Nominate 5-11 new favorite bloggers for the Liebster Award.
6. Come up with a list of 11 new questions for your nominees.
7. Notify the nominees.
8. Post your Liebster Award blog post link in the comments of your nominator’s Liebster Award Post.